I am the author, meaning this page is about me. Technically the whole blog is about me, “the cool feminist,” but this page is where you’ll find the biographical stuff:
- My name is Valentina and I am a student at the University of Florida. I’m a junior majoring in telecommunications production and minoring in women’s studies.
- Once I was with some guy friends explaining why I wasn’t going to pay to see a movie that didn’t pass the Bechdel-Wallace test and one of them said that I wasn’t a regular feminist, I was a cool feminist. The nickname started as a joke but it stuck.
- My parents are both from Venezuela, making me first-generation Venezuelan-American.
- My ultimate end goal would be to be a television triple-threat: writing, directing, and producing my own hour-long dramedy. Pretty much what Amy Sherman-Palladino did with Gilmore Girls or what Lena Dunham does on Girls.
- I’ve been described as the human embodiment of Wikipedia and am always ready to rattle off pop culture trivia at the drop of a hat.
- My motto is “keep moving forward” and I’m always asking, “what’s next?”
- Yes, that is a West Wing reference. What can I say?